Remember how you felt when you got wonderful unexpected news? It changed everything! You smiled, laughed more easily and literally felt lighter. Everything seemed possible.
Remember your sense of satisfaction and pride when you did something you didn’t know you could do and it turned out great? What about the time you learned something that gave you a whole new way of looking at something or a new understanding that was like turning on a light?
Sometimes when we’re going through a tough period we can forget those times and can lose hope that something positive can happen. That’s exactly when it’s time to recall those wonderful moments and look for ways to create openings for those moments to happen again.
How to do that?
- Eat a good, nutritious meal you love. Get some exercise and sleep!
- Take a break to get some perspective.
- Ask for some help or another opinion.
- Do something really crazy (not dangerous or illegal but out of your comfort zone)!
- Read your wish list and your what-if-I had no obstacle lists for ideas to break the difficult momentum.
- Give yourself permission to shelf the problem for the next day, week or few months to focus on other things and maybe gather other resources.
- Ask yourself, if something wonderful were to happen tonight that was a breakthrough, what would I be doing tomorrow that would be different?
When we make space for answers and position ourselves to hear them, hope will be right around the corner waiting to brighten your day.
Money Saving Tips
What made you smile today?
What made you proud of your money choices today?